Row can not be located for updating sao paulo brazil singles dating

Some values may have been changed since it was last read.

*Native Error: 32 *SQL State : Thanks, Bill N Bill, Another process could have changed a value that the DB manager is using to locate the row. Value := ad Criteria Key; ad Criteria Key is defined in ADOInt. If your table don't have a primary key make sure u fill every single field with a value instead of NULL (I'm not sure whether this is a correct approach, but at least it work for me). I' using Delphi 7 with ADO components with an Access database. Is there a way to set the SQL generation to just use the key? I delete one record and when I reopen my app I find that two have been deleted instead. "Brian Bushay Team B" When you use clientside cursors and make changes or delete a record in the client ADO needs to Generate SQL to update (or delete) the Record in your database.

Since then inserting a new row gives the error "Row cannot be located for updating".

I know this has to do with ADO trying to locate a row by specifying each field it knows about, as in "select * from customer where [Name]="Me" and [Address]="Someplace" and so on for each field. In my application, I use a t Ado Data Set with a simple Command Text like "select * from Customer".

EDatabase Error--Row cannot be located for updating.

Some values may have been changed since it was last read ******ADO Errors******* *Error Number: -2147217864 * *Source: Microsoft Cursor Engine *Description: Row cannot be located for updating.

The number one offender is the lack of a primary key in your data when you try to post it back to the DB. I have been sporadically getting a "Row cannot be located for updating" error. In this instance, I am just building a desktop application. To do this it must be able to find the record in your database that corresponds to the record you are editing.

If you dont have a primary key, then the db manager tries to figure out which row should be updated by seeing if he can find one that looks much like the one that you just changed in the query object. I am not able to reproduce it, although it occurs most often when I am trying to delete a record. The error message you are getting indicates that ADO can't find the record to be deleted.

row can not be located for updating-26row can not be located for updating-72row can not be located for updating-75

Some values may have been changed" error when I try to update from visual basic with ado.He has to scan the whole db to find all possible candidates and if he finds too many, or none, he cant update anything. The default for ADO generating SQL is to use all the fields and values you originally queried from the database to find the in your database. Is there a way to set the SQL generation to just use the key? I delete one record and when I reopen my app I find that two have been deleted instead. "Brian Bushay Team B" Yes, I have a single column meaningless integer key for each table. I was about to resort to submitting the SQL myself, using the statement that you showed below.If you have triggers that update your records or with some databases Date Time fields where miliseconds get truncated the values of your clientdataset may not match the records in your database after an initial edit. COM Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" In this instance, I am just building a desktop application. Is there a way to set the ADO components so that they just use the key to find the record? Vassiliev" Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" Do you have primary key in every table affected by delete? Net The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (Access) and Interbase (through OLEDB) "Carl" I can see that this is a problem for many people. I have just installed Jet 4.0 SP 8, without solving my problem both with Windows 98 and Windows 2000. Relationship is between field ID (autoincrement field and primary key in Master Table) and IDMaster (numeric field in Detail Table). Cursor Location is cl Use Client and Cursor Type is ct Static Anytime I add a new record in Detail Table I can see that IDMaster is filled with the proper value from Master Table: When I post the record its primary key is 0. If I refresh, I get the error message "Key value for this row was changed or deleted at the data store.This happens only when set as default locale on the pc other language than English.Anybody can help on this Thanks *** Sent via Developersdex Don't just participate in USENET..rewarded for it!

Leave a Reply